Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Who doesn't like pizza?

In October we spent a couple of days in New Bern, and happened to go in a store on Saturday morning. I had just made blueberry muffins for breakfast, and the owner of the store and I got to talking about baking. She said she used to make bread for a number of local restaurants, but doesn't anymore. And then she gave me an amazing recommendation: a book called Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.

I ordered the book when I got home, and was making bread a few days later. Oh. My. Gosh. This bread is amazing. And it really does take 5 minutes a day! For fresh baked bread... No lie.

And...


You can make pizza crust. From which you make homemade pizza. Like this! Pesto and fresh mozzarella. I made three that night - this one, a pepperoni and mushroom, and a tomato mozzarella. FABULOUS!

So that's today's (unpaid) recommendation. Get the book and become a fabulous baker overnight. (You might want to get a cooking stone, too, but I'll leave that up to you...)

No comments: