Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cautiously optimistic!

Reviews have started to come in from the 10 or so people I have let read my NaNoWriMo novel, called Solomon's Throne. I don't think anyone is farther than Chapter 11 yet, so it might still crash and burn, but so far:


"I kept thinking about it all day at work today! What was going to happen next, who were those bad guys... Can't wait to read more! So when's the one?"


"I'm on chapter 10, and I love it! I was hooked after the first paragraph.  :)"


"Wow... the book is so good! I can see it as a great movie also! Why have you waited so long? It is good! Will finish this weekend but don't want to put it down!"


So... I'm cautiously optimistic. There are still a lot of people, and a lot of chapters left. Did I hold it together til the end? Did I tie it up adequately? I don't know! I guess that's the fun of it all. And I really have had a blast with it.


NaNoWriMo editing is kind of an out-of-body experience, if you do it the way it's intended with no editing until December or after. You know you wrote, but you have no idea WHAT you wrote! In a way it's like making up a recipe and tasting it for the first time. Since it came out of your head but you really had no idea how it was going to turn out, it's ok to say, "Hey! This is pretty darn good!" 


So that's where we are. The end.


My pets are enormously excited... don't forget to see the excited dogs at the end of the post!




Oh wait - except it's finally gotten cold here, so maybe I'll put up my Christmas tree. Which is vital information for you to carry on your day, I realize. Growing up in FL, you just threw the tree on up, no matter the weather. But here, where it's supposed to be cold, it's kind of hard to get in the mood when it's 75 degrees. But 34 degrees? Yep, it's time!


(Now, will someone get the tree out of the shed for me, please?!)




No comments: