Monday, December 5, 2011

How can it be that Christmas is less than 3 weeks away??

I realize that Christmas is Dec 25 every year. I do. But every year it sneaks up on me, and maybe never as much as 2011. I think it's because November was devoted to NaNoWriMo, and then we went out of town. But I just realized that I have 19 measly little days.



Now, I'm not a huge Christmas decorator. We do a tree. If I get around to it before too late in December I put out some lights on the porch. We hang stockings. There are a few nativity sets and Santas that go around the house. That's all.

We also don't do presents, except for stockings, because we give our family a trip instead.

So it's not like I have SO MUCH to do for Christmas. And yet in my heart I do... I don't feel like it's Christmas yet. I am still grouchy about Christmas music and stuff in the stores. I haven't slowed down, haven't thought about what it truly means...

I really love Christmas, although Easter is my favorite holiday. Because of Christmas and Easter (you have to have both in God's equation), I'm free. What better present does anyone need??

So starting tomorrow, I'm going to spend some time each day just pondering that a bit. I'll be decorating (eventually). I'll be baking. I'll be doing all the other stuff on my overly long to do list that has nothing to do with Christmas. But I'll also be pondering all that was done for me that's represented by those two holidays... and remembering to always be thankful.

This is our beach tree... I love the beach tree!

No comments: