Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'll go where He sends me...

The view from my mom's condo on the Indian River where I grew up.

As my bio states, I'm a Florida girl. 5th generation, in fact, so I can really, honestly, say that. And currently I'm in Florida, in the Keys, one of my top 5 places on earth (and probably the top place if I was to move somewhere rather than visit). If it were up to me, I'd just stay and have my stuff sent down. If it were up to my husband, he'd probably say the same thing. And I believe we will live here, within 5 years. But why, you might ask, don't you just move now, if it's what we really want to do and we could feasibly do it?

Well... Because I go where He sends me. He sent me to Uganda, and I went. This year I'd planned to go twice, as I've done every year since starting Ten Eighteen, but He said May, not February and August, so we're going - only - in May.

And moving back to Florida... well, it's just not time. I feel the promise. I feel like I will come home one day, to the water and the sun and the warm and the boats and the small town. (I didn't grow up here, but I grew up in a small town on the coast, and those are all wonderfully similar.)

So for now, I'll go where He sends me. Tomorrow, He's sending me back to North Carolina. North Carolina has been very good to me, so I'll try not to complain. But I can't promise I won't dream of crystal clear water and warm sunshine and ocean breezes...

No comments: