Friday, November 18, 2011

Taking a day or two off...

I have always known that I would be taking Saturday, Nov 19, (that's tomorrow for the calendar challenged out there!) off to do Mistletoe Market for our Ten Eighteen fundraising. And, of course, Thanksgiving day. But I just decided I'm taking today off. I'm not sure why, but I am absolutely exhausted today, there's been a lot going on around here besides NaNoWriMo this week (our kitchen remodel being one), and every time I sit down in my sunroom and pick up the laptop, I just can't do it.

I wish I was somewhere with sand and a blue green ocean...


I have written close to 70,000 words in 17 days. I haven't taken a day off so far, although last Sunday I had planned to. I ended up writing about 1000 words that day. My brain... is toast. It's a lovely day, and I think I'm going to walk, go shopping for some things for my new pantry, and maybe watch a worthless movie. Tomorrow I will be up and out by 7:15am, enjoying the day telling people about Uganda. And Sunday... Back at it with (I hope!) renewed vigor.

This is my friend Suzanne's orchid, which bloomed for the first time last trip to Uganda. It's gorgeous! And has nothing to do with this post. It just makes me happy, and it's bright and cheery.


All that said, I think I only have 5 days of writing until the story is done, which should come in somewhere around 85,000-90,000 words.  I may go and start editing and adding description, or I may just call it a day. We'll see on Friday, the 26th, the current expected completion date. Overall, I'm really happy with my progress. And even if it's crap, it's not everyone that can write 90,000 words of crap in 26 days, so I'll be happy with that, too!

And this is coming up SOON. Can you believe it?

No comments: