Sunday, August 28, 2011

Do I need a place to ramble??

This blog started out as an art blog, and I am still painting and taking photos, so that will be part of it. But I also feel the need to ramble... Maybe it's my advanced age (46), or just the need to pontificate every once in awhile, but I am going to try to get a personal blog going once again. (Please visit my non-profit's blog at )

So... photography first. We were on safari a couple of weeks ago at Lake Mburo in Uganda. My second safari there, and my favorite is still the zebras. I'm not sure why, but I find them endlessly fascinating!


My husband blessed me 2 years ago with a 500mm lens, when we were going to Uganda the first time. It's very heavy, but wow, can it take great pictures! Of course, it takes bad pictures too... (It's the lens not the photographer obviously!) Seriously, with that much zoom, the slightest jiggle makes a big mess. And since the drivers always seem to know the second before you are going to shoot and decide to move the van... well, let's just say that my dad's estimate of 1 great photo for every 100 taken isn't too far off. Thank goodness for digital!

No comments: